UNREQUITED'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!

"IT'S MY PARTY and I'll CRY IF I WANT TO"...
or NOT!  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
ONE YEAR OLD AND GOING STRONG!

Unrequited-
One Girl, Thirteen Boyfriends, and Vodka

Today's blog:

AUTHOR INTERVIEW, PICS, 
SHOPPING, AND MORE!

buy it for $1 on:


 BUY UNREQUITED FOR A BUCK ON AMAZON TODAY








First and foremost, as the Author of Unrequited-One Girl, Thirteen Boyfriends, and Vodka I want to say THANK YOU to my loyal FAMILY, FRIENDS and FANS who have supported me along this very long, exciting, fun, nerve-racking and frightening journey.


Now a few questions for me...



1.What or who was your main inspiration(s) for writing Unrequited?


I was born two towns over from Pismo Beach, California (technicality because there was no hospital or maternity ward at that time) but the story really tells a 'Pismo Beach' story from an adult's perspective and how small town life can have such HUGE impact on the people who inhabit them. It is an intelligent look into what the drinking and philandering is all about. And how a city, just a few hours drive away (Los Angeles), impacts that lifestyle as well. 

2.  Over the past year have your feelings about the final copy of Unrequited changed? If so, how?

I don't want to say it out loud because it will probably jinx it and i'll feel the opposite way tomorrow! ha!
Let's just say I am proud of it. But a writer never stops wanting to tinker and change things. 
I don't think about that. I think about the next project.

3. Is there going to be a second book about main character, January Estlin?

No, not at this time.

4. Knowing all that you know and how long it took you to write Unrequited would you do it again?

Of course! I plan on it! Writing is the most beautiful (and horrific) gift. If that makes sense. I have to do it. But that doesn't mean I don't  start to whimper at the thought of working on a book. It's what i'm going through now. It takes all of my creative and emotional energy to tell stories. I don't think everyone is that way, or maybe every writer is that way. Maybe i'm just a pussy. 
It's fucking hard as hell and i like an easy lifestyle. It's complicated. I'm a lazy writer until i get into it then it's all i care about and focus on. However, just writing those last few sentences helps me. Tells me to forge ahead. Still life itself gets in the way so plans change but I will always write novels. 
I have too much to say!
It may not be in a timely manner - like a set once of year type of thing, but that isn't me.
 I don't commit that way.

5. What is your favorite line/quote in Unrequited?

Ooooh...that's a hard one. "Artless Motherfuckers." comes to mind.
Or maybe...
“Thank god for Vegas. Seriously.
A lobotomy wasn’t as effective as a weekend three hours of Red Bull away (from LA, not Pismo) where I wore the thinnest pinned stilettos, gambled like a sweaty degenerate mobster in black loafers, drank like Amy Winehouseand Charles Bukowski’s baby, and snorted the oat-dripping lines of coke in a Hard Rock Hotel bathroom with four new best friends. I’d
giddily rub off any one of those from the to-do list I wrote in eyeliner on my hotel bathroom mirror."

6.  Is there anything you would change or what have you learned from the experience of selling your first novel?

Not really. The publishing part will be less of an expense attribute next time and obviously will be much simpler. It was such (it is) an amazingly profound experiencee promoting the book with Kyrstin Pull, SVP of SEO at Waverly Blonde Books. She makes it all happen and keeps the book relevant in the eye of the reader and consumer. She is my rock star!


No comments: